- ¼ cup coconut aminos (may substitute soy sauce)
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil (depends on how much you like sesame)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Downeast Dayboat scallops
- salad greens (spinach, arugula, lettuces)
Combine first six ingredients in a jar and shake well. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
Melt oil (or oil and butter) in a heavy skillet. Pan sear scallops for around 2 minutes on the first side, then flip them over. Sear the second side for one minute, then the reserved sauce. Let the sauce reduce as the scallops cook to desired doneness.
Place scallops on greens and pour sauce over all.